Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Where is my next "Gold"?

Gold spot price just hit record high US$1253.3 moment ago. Its previous high was US$1249, and it is still lurking around the psychological resistance level of US$1250 as I write. Do I expect it to move higher in the near terms? DEFINITELY; especially in times like this. But I am also on the look out for a replacement investment option.

My investment in Gold (through local bank) started 2 years back. Yielded average 19% return per annum to date. Not as exciting as trading futures, but it is a fairly nice and safe place to park my savings / retained profits. One thing about Gold investment in Malaysia, you do need to time your entry and exit of Gold investment on Ringgit Malaysia’s strength and weakness.

Now, more and more herds are buying Gold as de facto safe heaven investment. For me, It's about time for me to search for next "Gold" to park my money. Not in a hurry though, I have 6 good months to research and study before I swap all my Gold to something else.

Almost every main street Joe knows the power of compound interests, but the difficult part is, how and where to find such a profitable investment vehicle that delivers you 15~20% return per annum consistently. I believe it can be done, not if you follow the herd thinking. LOL!!

2 comments:

  1. will bookmark this post, and return in 6 months to see what is your next "Gold". :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. goh, only if I last that long till end of this year, LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete